Happy Birthday Lemongrass!
years ago today (March 22, 2009), The Homer Laughlin China Company
introduced Lemongrass to complement the Fiesta color chart for 2009.
“During stressful economic times like these , designers in
apparel and home decor often look to bright, lively colors,” says E.C.
Wonder, design director, The Homer Laughlin China Company™, “…colors
that make people smile.” “Striking on its own or mixed in with our existing color palette, Lemongrass makes a lively statement.”
For inspiration, HLC suggested the following tablescape themes:
- Contemporary Chic: Lemongrass, Black and White
- Fashion Forward: Lemongrass, Chocolate, Ivory
- Opposites Attract: Lemongrass, Plum, Ivory
- Citrus For All Seasons: Lemongrass, Sunflower, Shamrock, Tangerine
- South Beach Trendsetter: Lemongrass, Shamrock, Tangerine, Peacock, Turquoise
- Neon Nuances: Lemongrass, Cobalt, White
- Earth-Toned Elegance: Lemongrass, Shamrock, Evergreen, Chocolate, Ivory