Friday, April 1, 2016

Meet the candidates!

Attention HLCCA Members --2016 HLCCA Election time is here!

On April 2, 2016, Ballots are being emailed, from email elections@electionbuddy.com, to your email address that you have registered with your HLCCA account. Cast your vote for FOUR candidates to fill four board seats. The voting period is April 2-30, 2016.

Get to know your candidates. 
- below is each candidate's bio:
 (Candidates listed in alphabetical order.)

2016 Board of Director 
Election Candidates --

Josh Copeland —  I discovered P86 Fiesta in 2008 when my husband Mike and I were registering for dinnerware for our wedding.  I look back and realize that what started as two colors, a couple place settings and a handful of accessories has become a passion, a creative outlet and becoming part of a great community of collectors (and a whole lot of colors!). I joined HLCCA over 5 years ago and went to my first conference in 2014.  At the 2015 conference I assisted with the new First Timers meeting and presented during the Speed Learning Event.  I also worked on the Springfield, MA bid for upcoming 2017 conference along with planning an online tablescape competition this past summer.  Though I still collect primarily P86, the HLCCA and it’s members have given me a great education on the history of HLC and many of its dinnerware lines, a history that I have grown to love. I am running for the board of directors as I want to give back to this organization and help to guide the educational opportunities for the many types of collectors we serve.  My strong presentation and organizational skills from my job as an Account Manager will help with the running of the association, conference planning and fostering relationships with our members.  Thank you for your consideration.



Frank Dittmer — was born in Morristown, New Jersey, and moved to California in 1971. He grew up in Hemet, a small town in Riverside County, raising farm animals on his parent’s 20-acre ranch. He spent most of his youth hiking, learning about the environment and being involved with many youth organizations including the Boy Scouts of America and the 4H. He graduated from Hemet High School in 1983 and then attended the University of California, graduating in 1991 with a degree in Anthropology. His multi-faceted career spans many industries. He has worked as a professional archaeologist, corporate salesman and restaurant manager. He has experience in retail sales, management, public relations and marketing. He is currently the owner and operator of a small retail store in San Diego, “What A Dish!” where he sells Fiesta Dinnerware and accessories.  Frank moved to San Diego in 2002 with his partner of 15 years, David. He currently lives in Spring Valley where he and David are renovating their home. Frank enjoys family, friends, gardening, collecting Fiestaware, antiquing at local flea markets and is an avid foodie.




Pat Keith — Many years ago, my sister got me started collecting vintage Fiesta and Harlequin. As my interest in HLC products grew, I included other vintage lines such as Wells Art Glazes, Kitchen Kraft, Ovenserve, Trellis and Old Roman. Much of the enjoyment I derive from interest in HLC shapes and patterns is being part of the HLCCA. I have been a member since 2003, and I have served on the Board as Secretary for the past 6 years. I am seeking re-election in order to continue serving the HLCCA actively.

 

Merrill Miller — I am seeking re-election after serving for 12 years as a Board member and 11 years as Treasurer. As Treasurer I handle the banking, taxes, tax exemptions and other financial duties of HLCCA. I have served as Conference Show & Sale Chairperson for the past 10 years, checked out all conference auction purchases and volunteered for many other tasks at the conferences. I ship books, pottery and note cards from our online store and print and stick the member labels for The Dish magazine. Recently I handled the transition to our new web site, I serve as liaison between our organization and our web hosting company, and I update our new web site as needed. I am hoping to continue as a Board Member and Officer, helping our organization thrive and serve our members.



Andrea Sunnen — My love affair with Fiesta started over 10 years ago when I first saw it on an episode of Antiques Roadshow. I was drawn in by the color, style and history. I not only wanted to collect it, I wanted to know everything about it. That desire is part of what led me to the HLCCA. I am passionate about learning about HLC and its many lines, and sharing that information with fellow collectors and enthusiasts. I enjoy collaborating with others and encouraging them to share their knowledge, creativity and passion as well. I have been creating a database of HLC produced decals and have contributed a number of articles to the HLCCA Blog and The Dish. At previous HLCCA conferences I have helped with the mixer, Friday Night Auction, registration and presented a speed learning seminar. I have also participated in the floral, place setting and micro-exhibits. I’ve also worked with HLC to create exclusive pieces for my family business. I left my career as a Financial Services Officer when I had my daughters and I currently volunteer as a Support Manager at their school. Along with working in finance, my professional background includes experience in sales and marketing, software development and emergency communications. I would love the opportunity to join the HLCCA board and share my unique skillset with this amazingly passionate group of like-minded collectors and enthusiasts. 

 

Susan Tobier — I have been a Fiesta collector for more than 30 years. I have been attending the annual conferences since 2005 and have taken an active part in many of the events. I have successfully managed the consignment tables and HLCCA Show and Sale tables for the past 4-5 years. I also have helped with checkout at the auctions on Friday and Saturday nights as well as the Saturday night banquet. I am happy to devote my time to the needs of this organization and would love to serve on the Board.







No comments:

Post a Comment