Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vintage or Post-86?

A recent blog visitor posed a question about whether his 2 Fiesta bowls are vintage or Post-86. One is an 8-1/2" nappie and the other he describes as a "fruit bowl" (it appears to us to be a soup/cereal bowl). He says that there are no visible "Lead Free" backstamps on either piece. Nevertheless, we suspect that they're Post-86 Cobalt. Take a look at the photos below and let us know what you think.

This is reportedly the most accurate depiction of the bowls' actual color.





3 comments:

  1. Well THANK GOODness, I have spent the past several years trying to track down the old MG crowd with NO luck. I had to leave collecting for a while due to 2 small children who had no respect for antiques or collections. They are old enough now to respond to screams from me lol. Feel free to check out my blog, mostly kid stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are from http://www.fiestawarecollectorscorner.com/new
    This is my blog and we can use the help in answering some of these questions. Subscribe to our feed, join our forum, visit our site, and help us spread the love of Fiesta!!

    ReplyDelete